While you want to have a good credit score before you apply for a mortgage, it’s important to keep your credit steady until your loan has closed.
Changes to your credit score can change how your loan is processed so maintaining your credit score is ideal.
During the loan process, it is important to avoid the following:
- Paying off debts or collections
- Making major purchases (boat, car, jewelry, etc.)
- Opening or closing credit accounts
- Starting a home improvement project
- Transferring credit card balances from one account to another
Make sure to stay current on all of your existing credit payments, and continue to pay your mortgage or rent each month to keep your credit steady.
I know the process can be confusing, so don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions your have. I am happy to help! 501.229.7145